Fail-proof and easy to use cross-platform serial datalogger. Logs data from RS-232 interface to a GUI, console and optionally to a file.
- Cross-platform: Windows (Intel), macOS (Intel), GNU/Linux (Intel/ARM), 32- and 64-bit architectures
- Logs serial data to screen (GUI), console and optionally in a file
- Fail-proof data collection. Save every collected line of data immediately to the optional log file avoiding data loss even at power breakdowns or computer/application crash.
- Warning of unintentional overwriting or deleting of unlogged buffer
- Impossible to overwrite log file from application
- Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Get serial port names from the OS
- Serial port name is editable in the GUI (for pseudo ports as
- Arbitrary baud rate (if hardware supports it)
- Hardware (CTS/RTS) and Software (Xon/Xoff) handshake available
- NEW Timestamp function (ISO 8601, MJD, …)
- PC with MS-Windows XP or higher
- PC with GNU/Linux on x86/x86_64 or ARM (32/64-bit)
- Macintosh with macOS 10.5 (Tiger) or higher
- Java 6 JRE or higher on platforms mentioned above (Oracle Java or OpenJDK)
For source code, JARs and platform related installers go to the GitHub-Release section.
|0.9.0-alpha||Basic functions, works just in Windows|
|0.9.0||Basic logging functions and serial settings, fail-proof log file feature, full cross-platform functionality (Windows, macOS, GNU/Linux)|
|1.0.0-beta||Hardware (CTS/RTS) and Software (Xon/Xoff) flowcontrol option, append data to existing file feature, invalid path bug fixed, warning of overwriting unsaved/unlogged buffer at new connections|
|1.0.0||Check & warn for unsaved/uthenlogged puffer at app closing, empty commport bug fixed, flowcontrol bug fixed, filedialog bug fixed on macOS & Windows, code clean-up|
|1.1.0-alpha||Timestamp feature (see Notes.md for details)|
|1.1.0-beta||ISO 8601 timezone bug fixed. All other timezone strings now ISO 8601 compatible. Delimiter combobox bug fixed|
|1.1.0||Timestamp function, Look and Feel function|
|1.2.0||Save buffer feature, Timezone-DST bug fixed, latest jSerialComm library v 2.3.0|
|2.0.0||Command line features|
Please report bugs on GitHub-Issues.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.