GPS Logger, measuring devices and similar instruments are connected via serial cable to a computer. To find out the correct device name is cumbersome.
ShowAllPorts specify all real and virtual serial ports on the machine. It cooperates with in-built ports as well as with USB-to-RS-232 adapters. It recognizes the last connected RS-232 adapter if desired and shows if the port is busy or not. ShowAllPorts is cross-platform and works on Microsoft Windows®, GNU/Linux, Mac OS X® and Solaris.
- Cross platform: Native libraries support for 32 and 64-bit Microsoft Windows® (PC), Linux (PC, ARM), Solaris (PC, Sparc), Mac OS X® (Intel®).
- Graphical user interface (GUI).
- Shows name(s) of the last connected USB-to-RS-232 adapter(s).
- Shows whether a port is busy or not.
Up to version 1.1.0
- PC with Microsoft Windows® XP or higher (x86, x86_64)
- PC with GNU/Linux or Solaris (x86, x86_64)
- Macintosh® with Mac OS X® 10.4 (Tiger) or higher (x86, x86_64, PPC32/64)
- Java 5 or higher (OpenJDK or Oracle’s Java™)
Since version 2.0.0
- Windows 7 or higher (x86, x86_64) or
- GNU/Linux (x86, x86_64, ARMv6 soft and hard float, ARMv7, ARMv8_32, ARMv8_64) or
- Solaris (x86, x86_64, SPARC8+_32, SPARC9_64) or
- Mac OS X 10.4 or higher (x86_64) and
- Java 6 JRE or higher on platforms mentioned above (OpenJDK or Oracle’s Java™)
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.