ShowAllPorts – RS-232 Portlister
GPS Logger, measuring devices and similar instruments are connected via serial cable to a computer. To find out the correct device name is cumbersome.
ShowAllPorts specify all real and virtual serial ports on the machine. It cooperates with in-built ports as well as with USB-to-RS-232 adapters. It recognizes the last connected RS-232 adapter if desired and shows if the port is busy or not. ShowAllPorts is cross-platform and works on Microsoft Windows®, GNU/Linux, Mac OS X® and Solaris.
- Cross platform: Native libraries support Microsoft Windows® (x86, x86-64), Linux (x86, x86-64), Solaris (x86, x86-64), Mac OS X® (x86, x86-64, PPC, PPC64).
- Graphical user interface (GUI)
- Specify the name(s) of the last connected USB-to-RS-232 adapter(s) if desired.
- Specify whether a port is busy or not if desired
- PC with Microsoft Windows® XP or higher
- PC with GNU/Linux or Solaris
- Macintosh® with Mac OS X® 10.4 (Tiger) or higher
- Java 5 or higher (OpenJDK oder Oracle’s Java™)
Mac OS X®
OS X® 10.9 – Mavericks
Linux Mint 17.1 (Rebecca) – Cinnamon Desktop
Thanks to Alexey Sokolov for the jSSC library, ShowAllPorts is build on. (https://github.com/scream3r/java-simple-serial-connector).
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the “License”); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an “AS IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.
|Mac OS X®||ShowAllPorts-1.1.MacOSX.zip|
|GNU/Linux (all Distributions*)||showallports-1.1.run***|
Generic Jar (all Platforms**)
* x86 and x86-64/amd64
** supported Systems only
*** Installation : sudo sh showallports-1.1.run